Although the mind is complex in its design it is “simple” in its working. As a Consulting Hypnotist my beliefs are as follows:
- God is the source of ALL healing!
- Like a computer, our minds get programmed to function the way it functions. Therefore, we need to simply “find the cause and fix it” as the infamous Dave Elman used to say (as well as my teacher Gerald Kein).
- Therefore, you are NOT broken or abnormal. Your mind is functioning exactly how it was intended to function as merciful reminder that there is something that needs to be restored or healed.
- I don’t do anything TO you. Like a midwife assisting the expectant mother, I am merely assisting you in letting the subconscious mind to do its natural AND effective work; thus giving “birth” to the change you desire.
- What I do as a hypnotist is an expression of my caring, compassion and empathetic heart.
- All hypnosis is self-hypnosis.
- There is no such thing as “cookie-cutter treatment” when it comes to hypnosis. Using hypnosis to affect transformation in a person’s life is a very subjective experience. Therefore, the work WILL get done when & how it needs to get done.
- Hypnosis is neither unnatural or supernatural! Hypnosis is a wonderfully natural state of mind and is a gift from God that is effectively used for transformation in those who work with me.
- Finally, hypnotherapy works because as Dave Elman further said, “We live in the light of reflected action. The things that happened to us in the past are still happening to us every day.”